Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dazzling Wins!

Yesterday morning, while I was running around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off, my cell phone rang with a 319 area code. 319? Who the heck could that be? Oh, it was uhyesplease. Now I had just posted my slash post to The Lemon Sisters and my first thought was, "Oh crud, I've offended someone." Nope, that's not it. My lovely, lemony UYP just called to tell me that the winners were out in the Love for the Unloved contest and Dazzling won!!!

I squeed! I jumped up and down. Mr. Foxy gave me a big high-five and he and the little foxes sang me a victory song (along the lines of "Foxy's so awesome! Foxy's so awesome, yeah!). It was quite a moment.

And I tweeted all of this (naturally) but I just wanted to take a second to thank a couple of people who went a long way to making this possible.

First ly: uhyesplease. Girl, how I love you!!!! Who told me there was such a contest? You did. Who encouraged me to enter? Yup, that'd be you too. Who read, not only countless drafts of Dazzling but also the other crud that I worked on before Dazzling became the idea that I ran with. Uh hunh, that'd be a big YOU! Everyday you encourage me to not only write, but write better. You are made entirely of awesomesauce.

Secondly: Betti. Not only did you read my story and review it, but you made it a one-of-a-kind, button-guru original button! And wrote about it on your blog!




And since I clearly can't stop at thanking just two people, let me also thank afragilelittlehuman and Mrs. Vanquish.

Fragile, you make me smile everyday, you push me to be a better writer just so I can keep up with you and you're so supportive it makes me want to cry.

Mrs. V, whenever I'm getting the inevitable "my writing sucks" blahs, you invariably pop up and tell me how much you enjoyed the last piece.

I know that's not everyone, but it's 5 a.m. here and rather than ramble on naming ever single person I love, I'm going to get some coffee. But before I do, I just want to add one last thing.

It is amazingly flattering to be supported by so many awesome women. I adore you all!!!

10 comments:

Danny said...

*clears throat* you mentioned me, Damn girl I lovers you. I enjoy your stories so much and I am truly honest with that. I mean you made me love your stories although there is no Edward, I mean hey, this means quite a lot!

Dazzling was wonderful and truly original. It deserves all the prizes and pimpage. Artsie and Fanny are truly right about everything they said and I am so happy for you that you are even the judges choice. I think they just know what is truly good!!

I know this might be the wrong place, but all the 3 of you UYP, fragile and you are so extraordinary in the Fanfic world that I simply love it. All your stories are amazingly original which separates you from the rest:-)

One Pushy Fox said...

Thank you, sweetie!!! I can't tell you how encouraging that is to hear. Honestly, I wouldn't have put anything out there, except Cutie, KG and UYP totally supported me a few months ago. I've still got to return to that story (my super secret original composition). But when I feel like an utter hack, your kind words make me give my lack of self esteem the bitch slap. :)

uhyesplease said...

You know I'm holding you to that - Laplush needs to see the light of day!!!

But back to my original thought - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Seriously, I'm so glad you don't consider me a psycho stalker after calling you. I just was too excited to type anything and had to just call! The laptop nearly took a dive on the floor as it was! Not to mention my husband thought i had lost my marbles when I started screaming out of nowhere...oh well. He gets it now!

Ok, you are just full of awesomeness and i'm so glad that you bit the bullet and started publishing! The words of the judges rang totally true for me and I'm just so darn honored that I get to read and beta your stuff! Even if the comma/semicolon stuff is not my bag. :) Thank God for PTB!

Ok - you know how much I love you - I'll quit blathering.

One Pushy Fox said...

Laplush? Is that the new title? Because the bed they lie on will be so la plush, baby! I'm just kidding. I so much want to get time to get that outline done. Jacks has been in my head a lot lately. It's just that EmoE isn't being much of a gentleman in the fact that he wants his story to be heard and then my NaNoWriMo chick, Faith, jumped the queue and basically I'm ready for the loony bin. :)

I loved, loved, loved you for calling!! I had been online earlier yelling, "Why won't they post the winners already!?!" to the point that Mr. Fox had to tell me to shut the lappy down. :( I wish I had video taped the victory dance the five of us did in the kitchen. It was hysterical.

Thank you again, for everything!!!

Susie From ApplesnFeathers said...

Congratulations Foxy! I loved your story and of course it deserved to win!

One Pushy Fox said...

Thanks, Susie!! You're a doll. :)

Fanny said...

Didn't we say it? Hu? Hu?

OMG I am sooooo proud of you!!!!!!

Congratulations, oh.... I cry.... I'm much too emo right now and... what??!

Oh, it's Artsie.... wait, she want's to say something...

NWYT aka Betti Gefecht said...

....uhum, yes.

I also want to say, that I'm very proud and ... yes, also quite... err, happy - yes, happy for you!

And I am glad, Fanny and I have pestered Betti to do this review BEFORE you won - of course, we knew you would win - so now everyone sees, we know what we're talking about, and if we say: This writer is awesomeness, then the writer is bloody awesomeness!!

Sorry, got a little agitated.

So, just wanna say, uhm.... awesomeness!
You, I mean. Ok?

Yes, well.... that's it.

Betti Gefecht said...

I flipped, when I heard the knews - as if I had won myself... LOL!

Well, Fanny and Artsie said it all.
I just.... love you!

One Pushy Fox said...

Fanny - You did say it and I'm sorry I ever doubted you. Don't cry sweetie!

Arstie - Can I just say, "Wow!"? I can't believe you're getting actually emotional or at least happy over this. I really appreciate that you enjoyed this as well. It's a little fluffy and I didn't think it would be your kind of thing. I'm glad I was wrong. :)

BETTI!!!!!! - Thank you a million times over for all of your support! You are a major doll and (as I have said many times before) I adore you!

The. End.

 
Blog designed by Twispired Blogdesign using Lily's Cherry Blossoms kit